Nutra recommends a multivitamin (including essential minerals) as the single most important supplement that ALL adults should include in their daily regiment. Vitamins and minerals are essential for all aspects of human health, and often a low level of a particular element can be linked to a variety of health related issues.
Even a healthy diet can still lack important nutrients due to a variety of factors including cuisines, specific foods consumed, exercise, stress, etc.
Essential nutrients are required for normal human body function and either cannot be synthesized by the body at all, or cannot be synthesized in amounts adequate for good health, and must be obtained from a dietary source.
For this reason, it is recommended that all adults take a daily high-quality broad-spectrum multivitamin. Vitamins should contain a minimum of 100% of the recommended daily dosage of each vitamin and mineral. This Link provides a comparison of 100 Popular Brands.
Below is a list of Essential Vitamins and Minerals (including web links)
- Vitamin A (beta-carotene)
- Vitamin Bp (choline)
- Vitamin B1 (thiamin)
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin, vitamin G)
- Vitamin B3 (niacin, vitamin P, vitamin PP)
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid)
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine, pyridoxamine, or pyridoxal)
- Vitamin B7 (biotin, vitamin H)
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid, folate, vitamin M)
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin)
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)
- Vitamin D (ergocalciferol, or cholecalciferol)
- Vitamin E (tocopherol)
- Vitamin K (naphthoquinoids)